You read that right! Cake for BREAKFAST? This cake is a super idea if you have a crazy sweet tooth like me or if you just crave some good stuff.
- High in protein
- No added sugars
- No flour
As you know, I have just moved. I did not have a microwave in my previous home, but I do now, and I have used it to my advantage to have cake for breakfast. Whenever I make this, my new housemates walk around and sniff in the scent. They always say it smells amazing. For those wondering, this is not even any higher in calories than the regular morning porridge.
I would also like to take a moment to mention the Cashew Caramello from Almighty Foods used in this recipe. It is so good I could eat it straight out of the jar! It is also vegan, paleo friendly, soy-free and certified organic. They also have two additional exciting flavours, but this is definitely my favourite. They are available in Planet Organic here in London, so very easy to get your hands on this goodness. Highly recommend it, because I am addicted to it. I even had it on pancakes a couple of days ago.
- 1 cup/200 ml rolled oats
- 1 cup/200 ml dairy-free milk
- 1/2 ripe banana
- 2 pitted dates
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1 tbsp Almighty Foods Cashew Caramello (Or regular cashew butter)
- 1 tbsp maca powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cardamom
- 1 tbsp lucuma powder (Optional)
- 1-2 tbsp sultanas (Optional)
- Blend oats and baking powder into a flour.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients and blend again. If you are using sultanas stir them in after you have blended all the ingredients.
- Pour the batter into a large cup.
- Microwave on high heat for 7 minutes or until you can see that the batter has firmed up nicely.
- Serve with your favourite toppings or drizzle on some maple syrup or more cashew caramel. Enjoy.