This is such a delicious breakfast! I have a crazy sweet tooth, so this colour bomb is just spot on. It is nice a sweet and has this lovely berry flavour. It is also the creamiest thing you will ever eat, no joke. There is no need to feel guilty, because it is actually quite low in calories AND high in protein!
It is an absolute game changer! I discovered this around the time when I went vegan and it is so, so good. It is really quick to whizz up and is super filling. A perfect post-workout meal for you fitness people out there. It must also be mentioned that berries are PACKED with antioxidants, vitamins and minerals. Strawberries are high in vitamin C whilst raspberries and blackberries are also high in calcium and magnesium. There are simply so many great things about this super simple recipe.
I personally use protein powder when I make this. It is not a must, and I mostly add it because of the flavour. Adding a nice berry-flavoured protein powder to this recipe definitely takes it to the next level. However, if it is the protein you are thinking about then tofu is already quite high in protein anyway.
I always, always, always top my tofu nice cream with chopped nuts or nut/seed butter. It is so good you will not believe it. Because of the sweetness of the nice cream tahini is my favourite, because of its contrasting bitter-like taste. I also really like topping it with dried fruit, mulberries are my favourite. They are so chewy and go very well with the nice cream.
- 349g silken tofu
- 17,5g / 1/2 scoop Bulk Powders vegan strawberry blend
- 280g / 2 cups frozen mixed berries (I use raspberry, blackberry and strawberry)
- Measure up the frozen berries and let them thaw for 5-10 minutes.
- Add all the ingredients to a food processor and blend for a few minutes.
- Depending on the strength of your food processor, push down the berries so that they are closer to the blades.
- Repeat as necessary.
- Serve in your favourite bowl and with your favourite topping.